We only collect and hold your personal information if we need it for our business activities. These include:
- Setting up and managing your Tilda Travel products or services.
- To carry out our obligations arising in connection with any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and a third party supplier.
- To communicate with you regarding our products or services.
- To ensure that content from our websites and apps are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our products or services, when you choose to do so.
- To enter any competition or prize draw that we promote.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services.
- For marketing purposes.
- Improving the quality of our service and the products offered.
- Internal research/analysis and customer profiling.
- Resolving complaints and dealing with disputes.
- Preventing and detecting fraudulent or criminal activity.
- Debt collection or credit vetting.
- To comply with laws that require or authorise us to your collect personal information.
We collect and hold various kinds of personal information including:
- Name, date of birth, contact details, citizenship status, tax file number, identification documents, and lifestyle information.
- information about how you use our products or services, including account transaction and payment information.
- Sensitive information (with your consent) including health and medical information, and information about any professional or trade association memberships.
- information regarding your internet activity (including your location) when you use our website or apps.
- Records of any contact you have with our staff and feedback if you take part in a customer survey.
- If you apply to or work with us: employment details, history, resume, qualifications, training, references, psychometric test results and background checks.
Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you or where it is provided to us with your authority. For example, we collect personal information directly from you through the applications completed when applying for our products and services, when you make a claim under an insurance policy or through your ongoing interaction with us.
When you call us on the telephone, we may monitor and in some cases record the telephone conversation for record-keeping and staff training purposes. Further, when we communicate with you by email, we may use technology to identify you so that we will be in a position to know when you have opened the email or clicked on a link in the email.
From time to time third parties may provide us personal information that we have not asked for about you. If so, we will only use and disclose this information as permitted by law. Further, if personal information about you is collected by third parties on any website you have accessed through our websites, we may also collect or have access to that information as part of our arrangement with those third parties.
We may also collect basic personal information about third parties (e.g. an employer or a health provider) if provided by an applicant or claimant.
We will always store your personal information securely. This will either be in digital format in electronic systems, devices and secure servers, or hard copy paper files. The information may be stored at our offices or secure locations off-site (including on our behalf by third party service providers).
Our staff are trained to keep your information confidential to respect your privacy. We request that our service providers maintain a similar standard.
Your personal information will not be passed to any companies outside of Tilda Travel except where necessary to deliver our products or services to you. There may be situations where we disclose information about you to relevant third parties. This includes our partner companies that provide our products and services, our professional advisers, contractors and agents who assist us, service providers that carry out functions on our behalf including auditors, lawyers, accountants, mail houses, data analysers, researchers, system developers or testers.
While we share your information with third parties, they are not able to disclose it to others or use it for any purposes other than the delivery of Tilda Travel products and services unless you have provided consent.
We may also disclose information about you to relevant third parties due to law or legal process. This could be to comply with requests from regulators, government officials or law enforcement authorities, dispute resolution schemes or where we consider it appropriate to prevent financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent/illegal activity.
Tilda Travel, partners and third parties mentioned above may be overseas in countries such as the New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Sweden, India, Sri Lanka, The Philippines, Malaysia, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Canada and the United States of America.
We may also use your personal information to let you know about other Tilda travel products and services that you might be interested in. We might also want to let you know about products and services from partners and other companies.
If you apply for a Tilda Travel product and your application is declined, we may keep your details on file to let you know about future Tilda Travel products or services.
You have the right at any time to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by sending an unsubscribe request to email@example.com. If you unsubscribe via this route, please ensure you state in your email that you are a Tilda Travel customer. To enable us to action your unsubscribe request, you must provide us with your name, email address, postal address and mobile phone number, so that we can check these details against our marketing databases.
Access or Amend
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also let us know if you think that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, or misleading. Requests are free and are generally processed within 30 days. In some circumstances there may be administrative or legal reasons why we need to decline a request. If this does occur, we will let you know the reason why.
If you are concerned that we haven’t managed your personal information in accordance with our privacy obligations, you can make a complaint to us. Please provide details of your complaint to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. We aim to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible. If you are not happy with our response, you may elect to refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner or the relevant dispute resolution body. Please contact us for further information about our privacy complaints process.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this web site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure and to try to prevent any unauthorised access to it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. If we have given you (or if you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Links to other web sites
You can accept or decline cookies at any time by accessing the preference panels from your browser’s main menu (usually found under ‘Edit’, ‘Tools’ or ‘Options). However, if you choose to remove cookies, parts of this site may not work properly or your use of the site may be impaired.
PLEASE NOTE: if you choose to use this site without declining any non-essential cookies then your use will constitute implied consent to the non-essential cookies that are set.